




It seemed fitting that our first entry be our wedding day.... As my sweet son Grant just said over my shoulder...."that is how we became." It is amazing looking back to where we started.... the first time Raymond and I met at Oceanaire (poor Raymond didn't know I don't eat seafood:)), the first time the kids met at a Roughriders game, when Raymond proposed in Cabo, taking Grant & Haley to Wildcatter (our favorite ranch), the first time I got to do Haley's hair (oh how I have longed for a little girl to dress up), selling our houses.... moving into my mom's until our wedding day.... living in a 3 bedroom condo until our house was finished.... I could go on and on.
The most amazing thing has been seeing the Lord bind our blended family together. Raymond and I have spent endless hours on our knees praying for the Lord to work a miracle in all our hearts and make our family even stronger than a biological one. "and the two shall become one flesh. So they are no long two but one." Mark 10:8 We know that the Lord supernaturally joins us as husband and wife.... but we also prayed that He would also join our families.... that Grant & Haley would be loved by me as their own mother and Payton & Triston would know that Raymond loves them as his own sons. This has not been an easy journey..... there have been many nights filled with tears.... but nothing is too big for our God! 1 Cor. 10:13
This is where we came up for our blogs verse.... Any other family might not be able to adapt and "become" but with the Lord on our side we have nothing to fear. The six of us have had to sacrifice our own desires for one another, we have shared toys, beds, clothes (except for Haley :)), mommies and daddies. As my sweet friend says, the less we have for ourselves and the more we serve others, this is how we love the Lord. Raymond and I believe we are teaching our children a great lesson in this world of abundance and plenty.
So praise be to God for where we are today! I would have never guessed that I would be a stay at home mother of 4.... I know this is right where the Lord has led me.... where I can be useful to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment